Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Day 12: Charlotte Lake to Twindall Creek- 14 Miles

"Yay Pepto-Bismol"


Bad Beef Stroganoff, I have food poisoning. I'll spare the details but being food poisoned with no toilets around is a new form of hell. All I can say is thank god for Immodium. I don't have a really intense case so we were still able to hike a bit today. We took our time up the long climb up to Forester Pass (13,000 ft), but it was quite impressive once we made it to the top. I enjoyed the view despite feeling like crap. Ha. Ha.
Left to Right: Dad, Terry, Me, and Nick
It was very cold and windy on top of Forester so we didn't stay long. The hike down the back side is pretty trecherous and steep, plus it started raining and snowing us a little during the decent. We stopped early because I was sick and set up camp. I crawled into my sleeping bag and rested and tried to get warm while Nick and Dad cooked dinner.
Nick making dinner. I'm in the tent bundled up
Hopefully a better digestive tract situation tomorrow. If I had been feeling better we might have made it all the way to Guitar Lakes today which would mean coming out another whole day earlier, but I was so drained after Forester I don't think it would have been a good idea. Glad Nick and Dad are here to help, I was pretty worthless by the end of the day. 
Not a happy camper

No comments:

Post a Comment